American Council of Electrical Safety (ACES)
To review and disseminate information related to electrical product safety in the United States and, where possible, influence methods to assure only products that meet US safety standards are available in US marketplace.
- To provide an open forum for regulators and jurisdictional authorities involved in determining that products are suitable for both use and/or installation.
- Identify safety issues that can be controlled during inspection of products from the manufacturer to the user or installer.
- Assure common terminology between code authorities, government, states and municipalities so information or instructions with a product is clear to any authority who is required to approve a product for sales or use.
- Develop dialog between regulators and NRTL's so products are certified with sufficient information to allow any authority confidence that the product is suitable for the installation or use.
- Provide a forum for presenting issues between any represented group.
- Be a source for disseminating pertinent information to electrical authorities and other affected entities.